What does one think is a reflection of his surroundings & the ups & downs in his life. Everyone's life is an entirely different ballgame be it a rich business man, a middle class shop owner or a poor man. There're many situations which tend to befuddle you. Where and how do you find answers to appalling truths of life? Rather than alienating yourself from the world, here is an attempt to help pacify your antagonized mind. So keep writing whether its bilge or sagacious.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Laughter of Old Age

Laughter is the only thing that sets the mind free for some time. As we age, we stop laughing and as we age more, we stop smiling. But, as we age even more, the only way to keep ourselves going is the “laugh” with the people. I came across a group of old ladies, in their 50s, who would laugh at each and every thing, be it anything. They had this alacrity to laugh and make people laugh by cracking up stupid jokes about every situation. While their body galumphed and got inured to the pain of the growing age, their mind was convivial. It was out of my imagination, being at this age and trying to keep oneself upbeat with the world, trying to be a part of organizing committee and titivating themselves.

THIS CONVERSATION IS STRICTLY TO BE READ BY FEMALES ONLY. RESEMBLANCE OF ANY CHARACTER TO ANY LIVING BEING (MOSTLY FEMALE) DEAD OR LIVING IS PURELY INCIDENTAL :-)

Lady 1 to me: Can I find an Indian man to marry?

Lady 1 is divorced.

Me: Yes, just don set your hair on fire (she always used to say that out of frustration)

Lady 1: What else does an Indian man want?

Me: A big question mark on my face???? I literally could not answer that. (Sorry guys)

Lady 1: Tell the man, I have my own house, three dogs, a convertible and I am RICH.

Me: Well, ok!!! Hahaha (No offenses, I thought to myself “lady if you have all this, you can point at any man and he will be yours)

Lady 2: Can I get one too???

Lady 2 is married.

Me: Are you that rich and why do want another man in your life, again?

Lady 3 to Lady 2: Are you going for “cash for clunkers”????

Lady 3 is almost their age and in getting married soon.

The whole room burst into laughter as soon as this came out. I had no idea of what to say at this point and neither was I in a condition to speak. I was astonished how prompt and apt it was. Can you imagine this coming out of bunch of old people?

It was amazing to see the spirits of those ladies who made fun of each person and each situation, even I wasn’t spared. But I laughed as they laughed on me. I think I am falling for the people of old age. They simply surprise you at times. They behave more like a 7 year than their own age. The question I had and still have, why not we???

BURST UP AND MAKE FUN OF LIFE

1 comment:

  1. It is true what they say - "Laughter is the best medicine." Having a sense of humor is important if we want to be healthy. We should laugh with people but even more importantly, we should be able to laught at ourselves.

    "What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul." -- Yiddish Proverb

    ReplyDelete