What does one think is a reflection of his surroundings & the ups & downs in his life. Everyone's life is an entirely different ballgame be it a rich business man, a middle class shop owner or a poor man. There're many situations which tend to befuddle you. Where and how do you find answers to appalling truths of life? Rather than alienating yourself from the world, here is an attempt to help pacify your antagonized mind. So keep writing whether its bilge or sagacious.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Cab Driver in New York City




This was an incident that happened while I and my brother were going to Manhattan by the cab. A hispanic driver who could not talk in English fluently. But he was trying to strike a conversation even though he could not speak well.
We sat in the cab and he helped me keep the stuff in the trunk because I had quite some luggage with me. Anyways, we were sitting at the back seat and talking about how to plan the rest of the day and there was music playing in the background. All of a sudden a song came and I asked the cab driver to increase the volume. I heard that song couple of times and I liked it very much. I asked him " Do you know which song is this?" He said "No, I don't. This is a old song." He started talking to someone over the phone.
The moment he hung up he said, "Independent Girl by Ne Yo". I said, "Sorry".
"This song is Independent Girl by Ne Yo. My kids listen to such songs and I knew they would know which song is this."

We don't see people like him in day to day life. This was an incident that touched me. At times we judge people by their race/caste/community/country/region that they belong to, which in my opinion is not right. We should not be judging anyone until we know that person and even if we know someone we should not judge. Every one is an individual and different from rest of the world. They have their own ways of doing things If someone does something, you cannot generalize it to the people of his/her group.

The whole motive behind writing this was to let everyone know that there are people in this world who don't know you but still they will help you in some or the other way or they will touch your heart with their unselfish gestures.


DATED: June 4, 2009

1 comment: